VampireFictionAddicts - Board Guidelines
VampireFictionAddicts kindly asks you to read through these guidelines intently as your registration in this community will be your contemptment automatically with these rules.
1. General Rules
1. No insults!
Do never insult or offend any of the other users. Also not by sending private messages! If you should have a dispute with another user, take it outside the community or ask a Moderator or Administrator for help.
2. Stick to the law!
No illegal copies, sexual herassing or rightists posts are allowed! If it should occur, the user will be banned from this board immediately without further notice!
3. A post is a post - nothing else!
Spam, double posting or posts without any content are not allowed! It only fills memory space on the server, but doesn't help to improve the topic!
4. No requesting of criminal actions!
Any posts, requestion criminal actions one way or the other, will not be tolerated. They will be deleted immediately and the user will be banned from the board without further notice. If you should get something strange via PN, please tell it to a Moderator or Administrator immediately so that they can take further action.
5. Posting Language
Please remember the guidelines of the English language when posting. A sentence always has a start, middle and an ending!
1. The copyright of each work of fiction, poetry or art lays with its writer / artist.
2. It is not allowed to copy anything from the other users (in or outside of the community) and claim it as your own piece of work / art! Eventhough many writers only do this for fun, its still their work of fiction / poetry / art and therefore has an automatic copyright.
3. If you would like to post the work of one of our writers / artists on another page, contat him before doing so. You may also ask a Moderator or Administrator for help.
4. If we should come across a homepage, where fictions / poetry or art works of our writers / artist are posted and they haven't been asked before, we'll consider taking legal steps.
1. All users that have registered but don't post, will be deleted after one month! We're not interested in having as many members as possible, but having active members!
2. If you will not be able to come by the board for some time, please let us know as we will worry!
2. Submitting Fiction / Poetry
VampireFictionAddicts is a community that allows their users to publish their own fictions / poetry. It does certainly not filter any content but trusts the writer’s judgment.
However a few rules still apply and we ask you to read them carefully before starting to post your fiction / poetry.
1. All fictions / poetry should be spell checked. There is no excuse for not performing this duty!
2. Entries should be proof-read before posting them. No reader likes to guess on words; if there are just too many errors the readers certainly will abandon the fictions / poetry! If you’re not sure, ask a Beta-Reader for help.
3. If posting up a fictions / poetry, the reviews are automatically asked to post their opinion. Respect their opinion, especially criticism. Take it as a chance to improve your writing skills!
4. We also ask the readers to only post positive criticism. It’s not your job to demotivate the writer / artist, but on the contrary. Don’t only tell what is bad, but how to improve it.
5. Please use proper textual formatting. Capital letters for the title are okay, but the rest of the fictions / poetry should be done with proper formatting. Please remember that a sentence always has a beginning and an ending!
2.2 Content Guidelines
VampireFictionAddicts is a community for Vampire Fiction, Poetry and Art only. Please don’t post anything not being related to this.
The following entries are not allowed:
1. Non-stories: lists, bloopers, polls, previews, challenges, author notes, and etc.
2. Stories consisting of only one or two liners.
3. MST: comments inserted in between the flow of a copied story.
4. Stories with non-historical and non-fictional characters: actors, musicians, and etc.
5. Any form of interactive entry: choose your adventure, second person/you based, Q&As, and etc.
6. Chat/script format and keyboard dialogue based entries.
The following actions are not allowed:
1. Posting the same material several times. Every fiction / poem / art is unique and should therefore only have one copy!
2. Copying from previously posted fictions / poems / art!
2.3 General Rules
1. Each fiction / poem must start with the following content:
2. Each fiction / poem must have a proper rating and genre! If you’re not sure, than start with K. Fictions / poems can be moved into another rating later.
3. Chapters of the same fiction may not be submitted as separate topics! All chapters must be grouped together in their respective topic.
2.4 Content Rating
VampireFictionAddicts adopts the rating system from FictionRating.com.
K – content suitable for most ages
Intended for general audience 5 years and older. Content should be free of any coarse language, violence, and adult themes.
K+ - Some content may not be suitable for young children
Suitable for more mature children, 9 years and older, with minor action violence without serious injury. May contain mild coarse language. Should not contain any adult themes.
T – contains content not suitable for children
Suitable for teens, 13 years and older, with some violence, minor coarse language, and minor suggestive adult themes.
M – contains content suitable for mature teens and older
Not suitable for children or teens below the age of 16 with possible strong but non-explicit adult themes, references to violence, and strong coarse language.
MA – contains explicit content for mature adults only
Content is only suitable for mature adults. May contain explicit language and adult themes.
2.5 Not Obeying With These Rules
Not obeying with these few rules will result in a warning for the writer / artist. If this should occure several times, the writer / artist will be banned from the board!
Thank you so much for sticking with these rules. We're sure they will help the community growing.